Metal Roofing vs. Shingle Roofing
Our Roof Repair Company Knows Which Option Will Save You Time and Maintenance Costs
If you are considering roof replacement or are looking for the best material to install over your roof for the first time, you definitely need to read this post. It contains useful information collected by the specialists from our roof repair company, which outlines the main differences between metal roofs and asphalt shingles in favor of metal as you will see yourself if you read this post to its very end.
- The average life expectancy of metal roofs is over 50 years while asphalt shingles survive from 15 to 20 years at the most.
- Metal roofs are Energy Star rated for reducing your energy bills during the cold winter months when metal accumulates heat from the sun rays and keeps it for a longer period of time and warms up your home.
- Metal roofs have various elemental resistances:
– 120 mph wind warranty
– Class 4 hail rating
– Class A fire rating
- Metal roofs are ecosystem friendly
- Metal roofing is made of minimum 25% recycled materials and is 100% recyclable. Asphalt roofing, on the other hand, is not that commonly recycled, which is why about 13 billion pounds of asphalt roofing are taken to various landfills around the US every year.
- You cannot recover the cost of shingle roofs, while you can recover more than 90% of the cost of metal roofing because it adds value to your home and increases its sale price.
Few people realize this, but you do not need to strip off your old shingle roof to get a metal one. You can place it on top. By calling a roof repair company to add your new metal roof on top of your old shingle roof, you add more value and another layer of insulation to your home. In order to hire the most reliable specialist in Fort Worth TX to do this, you only have to contact Martin A. Pitts Construction at (817) 907-2073. We have budget offers that you will surely find interesting, so call us now!